All staff at Zahra Grammar have a valid NSW Working with Children Check and have a legal duty to take reasonable steps to protect all students under their supervision.
At Zahra Grammar, our aim is to establish good order and harmony within the school community and to ensure that the school, home and Community share in fostering the development of acceptable behaviour of all students.
The Principal, teachers and all staff are held to a high standard of care in relation to students. The duty requires staff to take reasonable steps to minimise the risk of reasonably foreseeable harm, including:
- Ensuring the school complies with the seven Child Safe Standards
- Provision of suitable and safe premises
- Provision of an adequate system of supervision
- Implementation of strategies to prevent bullying
- Ensuring that medical assistance is provided to a sick or injured student
- Managing employee recruitment, conduct and performance
The duty is non-delegable, meaning that it cannot be assigned to another party.